Monday, August 15, 2011

Ministry Update - 8/15/11

Hello Parents & Leaders!

Now that VBS is behind us, I found myself with a few moments to breathe and shoot out a quick Middle School update.

1) Pool Party -  This Saturday, August 20 from 12-4pm @ Adrienne's house.  Dress Code: Boys wear swim trunks & t-shirts, Girls wear a one-piece swim suit if you have it, or a t-shirt (not white) over your swim suit if you don't.  If you can drop off your child & pick them up from Adrienne's, that would be the best scenario, but if you are unable to do that, I will have a limited amount of space with me in the van.  If your child needs to ride with me: a) let me know soon so I can make sure I have room in the van, b) have them at the church by 11am, c) pick them up from the church by 4:45pm.  There is currently a 30% chance of rain that day, so I will keep you posted as we get closer to the event.

2) Youth Revival - Sunday, August 28 @ 6:30pm.  There is a special Youth Service happening at a church in Phoenix, MD at the end of this month (and right before school starts).  The Guest Speaker is good friend of mine, Anthony Braswell -  the same speaker that was at Youth Camp back in July (for those that went).  This will be a great way to kick-off the beginning of the school year and to give our students a "spiritual re-charge" before they head back to the classrooms.  Please let me know if your child would like to go so that i can make sure I have transportation worked out for everyone.

3) Small Groups - Don't forget, there are no Wednesday night groups for Middle School until September 7!  Enjoy the next few weeks of the summer before life gets "back to normal" (at least I hope it does!)

4) Parent's Meeting - I am going to move the date of the Parent's Meeting until sometime in September (NOT August 28).  I know that everyone will be busy getting things ready for school to start, and the last things most of us want is another meeting to go to.  :)  Stay tuned for the updated time & day of the meeting.

That's it for now!

Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment